Online Overhead Crane and Hoist Operator training
The Online Overhead Crane and Hoist Operator training covers the essential information required for crane and hoist operators, riggers and maintenance personnel with the aim of reducing risks in the operation of lifting equipment. This is an excellent program for crane operators that need to update their certification.
Crane operators must be able to read and understand written as well as verbal instructions. Depth perception and hand/eye co ordination are key to an operators ability to properly perform the requirements of a load handler or crane operator.
There is no substitute for experience, having completed this course the operator will have received the necessary instruction and have been made aware of the rules that are applicable to safe operation. The workers that are new, will require additional properly supervised practice under all working conditions that may arise in order to properly imbed the proper reaction in the event of a problem. We recommend that all workers who are not regularly using the equipment be scheduled for practice time on a regular basis.
Joe Harnest has been president of Crane Training Canada since 1995 and has International experience with overhead cranes, hoists and material handling equipment since 1975.
- Is a certified trainer for preventive maintenance, rigging of loads, inspections and operator safety courses
- Has the ability to communicate in English, French and German.
- Has diverse expertise as a solution provider with a variety of unique material handling concepts, specializing in automotive and related industries.
- Is a recognized authority in application and specification of material handling equipment.
- Is an accomplished industrial columnist for Plant Engineering and Maintenance Magazine, Steel Marketplace, and Plant Safety & Maintenance Magazine. As well as a figurehead for many research columnists.
- Former director Canadian Manufacturers Association: Drives Division.
- Was responsible for overhead crane & hoist applications & specifications when employed at Mannesmann Demag.
- Regional Manager responsible for sales of material handling products through distributors.
- Divisional Manager, material handling components and drives, responsible for Canadian operations.
- Experienced in inspections and evaluation of overhead cranes & hoist